Corporate Social Responsibility
At Standfranceaids2014, we strive to create fun products for our customers to showcase their uniqueness through fashion. That being said, this is not our only focus. As a brand, we believe that our company and product should also be representative of our beliefs and practices, in which we stand by
In the spirit of transparency, we have listed our current commitments below. As is with anything else in our lives, expect this list to always be in a constant state of chance as we have dedicated ourselves to recognize that we will never be fully educated on any of the topics below. As we continue to learn and grow, so will our commitments to bettering our business.
LGBTQAP2SI+ owned and operated
We're here, we're queer, get used to it!
- CEO, Brandon Shedden (he/his/they/them), is proudly gay and non-binary. While working as a teacher, Brandon started Standfranceaids2014 because he struggled to find fun clothes that matched their personality. They have such a loving and supportive friends and family, which has helped to drive his LGBTQAP2SI+ and entrepreneurial journey.
- Brand Director, Leslie Kay (she/her or they/them), is happy to share that she is bisexual and non-binary. Her dedication and support of the LGBTQAP2SI+ community has been a lifelong focus for her from a young age, and this focus remains ongoing.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are a small (but mighty!) team that strongly believes in diversity and inclusivity in the work place, in our marketing and the way we carry ourselves as a brand. As proud members of the LGBTQAP2SI+ community, this is not only a practice we have instilled but a personal way of life.
- Standfranceaids2014 is an equal opportunity brand. We welcome applications without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, marital status and mental or physical disability.
- We aim in all of our marketing and lifestyle photography to showcase the diversity among our customers.
- Our PR Programs are representative of our commitment to diversity.
Sustainability and Environmental Impact
We love our planet! We are continuously educating ourselves on ways to better our environmental and sustainability practices. Just like many things on this earth, our own efforts are ever evolving.
- We prioritize shipping by sea or road over air to reduce environmental impact.
- Standfranceaids2014 product packaging is recyclable.
- All factories are audited against their environmental impact.
- All products are tested to ensure no restricted or AZO dyes are used, or produced in a factory that is OEKOTEX certified.
- We do not utilize or support animal testing. Standfranceaids2014 products only use vegan leather - zero fur or animal by products.
- We participate in a rigorous recycling program at our office and warehouse.
- Standfranceaids2014 has its own Social Compliance Policy in place with all suppliers.
- All Standfranceaids2014 suppliers are required to submit yearly social accountability audits to ensure compliance against this policy.
- Standfranceaids2014’s full Partner Social Compliance Policy can be viewed here.
- Standfranceaids2014 participates in charitable product releases supporting multiple causes we are passionate about.
- We donate samples and seconds of products, otherwise product will be recycled as to not end up in a landfill.
Great things come in small packages. As a small company, we are constantly discussing ways we can better our business environmentally, economically and otherwise. If you have any suggestions for ways you'd like to see Standfranceaids2014 evolve in the future, please e-mail us at [email protected].